Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My 8 yo dog has been vomiting phlegm for about 3 hours. He…

Customer Question
My 8 yo dog...

My 8 yo dog has been vomiting white phlegm for about 3 hours. He does eat and drink water.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?

Not that I am aware of....but he might have snuck something into his mouth. It just seems to be lasting a long time for an upset stomach?

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name and age?

Charlie, age 8 or so--he's a rescue so not sure of age.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?

I don't think so

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
3/8/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Peter, Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.

1- Any pre existing medical conditions?

2- Did he get into anything or eat something out of the ordinary?

3- How much does he weigh?

4- Any abdominal swelling?

5- Any other symptoms?