Chelsea Schwarb
Chelsea Schwarb,
Experience:  Associate veterinarian at Towne and Country Animal Hospital
98621803

Wow i had no idea there was a service online like this! yay!

Customer Question

wow i had no idea there was a service online like this! yay! i'm trying to figure out whats going on with my baby..
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with your dog?
Customer: Since last night when he came in from being outside for a few hours, he was super mellow.. no energy like normal, didnt run around super happy to be back inside (like always) but whats super weird.. he went to our bedroom (he shares room with me and has his own super large bed next to mine) instead of laying down, he just circled it a bit.. then would just stop and stare at the wall... Then he'd walk to another part of the room.. stop in the middle of the floor and just freeze in that position.. staring at nothing...he is yelping a little randomly but no limping..
JA: Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help your dog. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: His name is ***** *****'s a Cane Corso, aprox 2.5 yrs old
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Cesar?
Customer: Not that I can think of... just super strange behavior..
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Chelsea Schwarb replied 8 months ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed veterinarian. It sounds suspicious for a toxicity since he was normal before going outside. Did he eat and drink today?
Any vomiting or loose stool?
Is he stumbling when he walks?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks for response - No vomiting or loose stools in the house, but he asks to go outside to potty so not sure about the stools - he has continued eating/drinking but only if I stand in the kitchen WITH him while he eats - if I walk away, so does he. He got like this before (only eating with me present) when he was dealing with emotional trauma of losing his partner - she died :( it took him quite awhile to stop doing that - So perhaps whenever he's dealing with any kind of issues it looks like this is one of the behaviors he resorts to...hmmm