Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Our yorkie poo ate some toy out of a container. What do we…

Customer Question
Our yorkie poo ate...

Our yorkie poo ate some toy slime out of a container. What do we do?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if the Yorkiepoo will be able to digest that. What is the Yorkiepoo's name and age?

Bentley, 1 year. 6 lbs.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Bentley?

Overall health is fine.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
3/7/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr Linda, Dog Veterinarian replied 3 months ago
Dr Linda
Dr Linda, Dog Veterinarian

Hello, this is Dr. Linda. I hope I can help with your concerns today.

Can you estimate how much of the Toy Slime Bentley ate?

Does it indicate anywhere on the package how much Borax is in the product ( is it Mattel's )?

Thank you.

With some of these products, the Borax was removed, so you might not find this ingredient.

We cannot find any ingredients for this product made by Island Dogs called Magical Unicorn Poop. He ate the whole container 2.5 in by .75 in. According to package details.
It was purchased on Amazon.

OK, give me a few minutes to research this.

Thank you.

I am unable to find much information on this product so I am going to opt out & see if someone else can help you.

We could not either and there is no labeling on the container.
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 3 months ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

I'll follow up for Dr. Linda for you. According to the SDS sheet: "The product contains no substances which at their given concentration are considered to be hazardous to health." If ingested it's recommended to thoroughly rinse the mouth and encourage the intake of tasty fluids such as milk, cream, broths, or bouillons.

Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish. May I have an update on Bentley, please?

I called my vet and I was advised to call Animal Poison Control, I was advised to induce vomitting as this product has been reported as having mold in the product. Bentley has emptied his stomach. Thank you.

Thank you for the update. I appreciate your taking the time to let me know.