Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Salkin While examining the prepuce for the dripping, I found…

Michael SalkinWhile examining the prepuce...
Michael SalkinWhile examining the prepuce for the dripping, I found incidentally, two little millimetre white spots/bump. I don’t even think they are bumps as you can see in the videos: https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0r5SuCK6yvqwgAnd photos: https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0rGpSyCu6zaM6Andhttps://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0rGN2efWJpqdhx
3/7/2018
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'll need you to circle those spots, please.

I have to assume that they're of no significance because there's no inflammation associated with them.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Michael Salkin1. So as requested, I pulled back Simons penis as far as I could go. If I went further I think I would have reached his tail! (I kid). But further would have hurt him. In order to pull back properly he has to be sitting and riled up so his penis isn’t flaccid (we’ve both seen how a flaccid penis is and it isn’t pretty).Gallery: https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0rGUeQ5VGMqATs2. Also! I came back home today to check his prepuce again and found liquid on his prepuce. BUT this time I got smart and decided to look closer! While he was laying on his side and his penis was deep in his prepuce (I always think of the prepuce like a sac that covers his penis - kind of like an uncircumcised human penis). I gently squeezed the prepuce area without his penis present (the skin flap sac between his penis and the tip of the prepuce opening) and some liquid came out. The liquid is cloudy and smells like smegma!!!!! (I have smelt it many times before it has a unique metallic like smell) here in the videos you can see when I physically squeeze as well as the “juice” that comes out. I’m guessing this is good news?!Videos (both 4K normal and slow motion videos for extreme clarity): https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0rGYgEQRGwNTzgPrepuce photos before squeezing his prepuce area: https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0rGjX1s6G3AvtKPrepuce photos after squeezing his prepuce area: https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0rJEZBlOG96s2K

Well done! Yes, normal secretions are like the cause of the moisture and so that's good news.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Whew! That took so much of time I rushed home from work to take these careful shots.So then I guess it isn’t urinary incontinence or UTI! Yay

Correct.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
you were able to see the cloudiness and the way I squeezed? As in smegma. Hell I even used my fingers to show you the consistency (which isn’t as close to being as viscous as his original smegma back when he had his testicles)

Of course.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
As in, you could clearly see it was smegma right? I don’t want you to base what you see from what I smelt!

Yes, smegma can take many forms. It can smell as you've described, however.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No I mean from what you’ve seen. The liquid. As in if I didn’t tell you the smell you would come to the same conclusion based on what you see?

I know what you meant. The liquid is consistent with a type of smegma. You can't express urine in that manner in any event.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Yay!
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
to confirm: everything that I’ve shown you today regarding his prepuce, penis and everything involving the discussion only indicate that simon’s moist penis is normal. Or that everything is of no concern/WNL.

Correct.

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sorry! Can forgot we aren’t speaking of simons penis but his “leak”! For OCD sake.So to confirm: everything that I’ve shown you today regarding his prepuce, penis and everything involving the discussion only indicate that simon’s moist/leaky penis is normal (smegma), Or that everything is of no concern/WNL.

Yes, I know.

Correct.

TY!

Hi Vincent,

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian