Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Well, is 14, and he is having some trouble getting up, but…

Customer Question
Second opinion] well, bailey...

Second opinion] well, bailey is 14, and he is having some trouble getting up, but he does get up. seems like arthritis. but he also seems to drink alot of water. this morning I went to him, talking, and he was laid on his side and didnt lift hi head, I waved in front of his face, and he blinked, and I kept talikng to him, and after a minute or so longer, he lifted his head.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name?

Bailey. I encouraged him some more, and got him to go outside, and rinate, and he came back in, just moving slow. he has slow days, he went to groomer yesterday and was very perky coming back in, but this morning I was really concerned

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Bailey?

So I know he has arthritis, but what else could be wrong?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/7/2018
Dog Veterinarian: DocPaul, Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi

This is Dr. Brazzell

You opted me out and then gave me a negative rating before I could even answer you :(

I was helping another client with their dog that was dying

Can you please go back to the first link and opt me back in and I will be glad to continue to help you

Paul

Are you still there?

I am attempting to help you