Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My 12 year old Shih Tsu appears to have a bloated stomach.

Customer Question
My 12 year old...

My 12 year old Shih Tsu appears to have a bloated stomach. Should I

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the shih tsu?

Seek a vet tonight or can I wait until tomorrow morning.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does the shih tsu seem to hurt?

He is not complaining. He is just bloated in the belly and is just sitting down.

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. No obvious pain. Can you see anything that looks wrong or different?

Nothing out of the ordinary.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is the shih tsu eating normally?

He has a healthy appetite. Is getting slower with his movements and even a slight limp but I attribute that to his age.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?

Nothing on his paws that I can see. I'm just concerned because he is normally very slim in the belly.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the shih tsu?

He is on doggy Lasix and another pill daily.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/7/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Peter, Veterinarian replied 3 months ago
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.

1- How long has he had the abdominal swelling?

2- Why is he on Lasix?