Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My havaneese 4 months old swaolled med sized not bent papere…

My havaneese 4 months...

My havaneese 4 months old swaolled med sized not bent papere cli[p im not sur what todo

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the dog's name?

Dakota

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Dakota?

Dakota

3/5/2018
Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt, Dog Veterinarian

Hello, this is Dr. Schmidt. Thank you for using JustAnswer. With this type of a situation, I would recommend seeing if she will pass the paper clip on her own. I would not try to induce vomiting in this case as it would be too risky in this case. I would recommend giving her Pepcid (0.25 mg/lb every 12 hours) to help with any GI ulceration secondary to the paper clip and I would recommend feeding a bland diet of boiled chicken and white rice for the next 3 days. If you notice any vomiting, diarrhea, or not wanting to eat over the next few days, I would take her in to the vet for an xray, otherwise I would just monitor her feces for it to pass on its own.

tks will try . jim

You're welcome, let me know if you have any other questions.

If you have a moment to fill out a positive review (by clicking on the **stars** at the top of the page) for me I would greatly appreciate it. This is the only way the website can credit me for my time. Thank you so much and good luck!

Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt, Dog Veterinarian