Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

She is acting weird she is lethargic, twitching and when is…

Hi, she is acting...

Hi, she is acting weird she is lethargic, twitching and when is like falling over

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name and age?

Roxy and 5 months

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Roxy?

She did have worms but we got it sorted out. She also keeps holding hee left paw and shaking it

3/5/2018
Dr. Rachel
Dr. Rachel, Dog Veterinarian

Welcome to JustAnswer.com! My name is***** and I have been a licensed veterinarian for 10 years. I would be happy to answer your question. I'm sorry to hear that Roxy is behaving strangely. What kind of dog is she?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago

Has she been eating normally? Could she have gotten into a household cleaner or other toxin?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
She ate earlier about 3 am. She wouldn't drink any water. She might have we have other dogs and they aren't acting like anything is wrong

Is she interested in food now?

Okay, but still acting twitchy and lethargic? The reason I ask is that small breed puppies can have low blood sugar that could be causing the lethargy and twitching you are describing. But if she is currently eating, that is lower on the list of things that could be wrong. Has she ever had this behavior before? Have you noticed her getting sleepy after she eats? Some pups have an abnormality of the blood vessels in the liver that cause toxins to build up in the blood stream, which causes them to have the signs you are describing.

Dr. Rachel
Dr. Rachel, Dog Veterinarian
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. Rachel
Dr. Rachel
Dr. Rachel
Dr. Rachel, Dog Veterinarian