Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Our 4 month old Wirehaired pointing Griffon is licking up…

Our 4 month old...

Our 4 month old Wirehaired pointing Griffon is licking up his pee in the crate and outside the crate. He is not house broken yet.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the dog?

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does the dog seem to hurt?

He is not hurting

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. No obvious pain. What is the dog's name?

Charlie

3/5/2018
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Good morning

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

I presume you are wondering why?
Paul

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
is there something we can do to correct the behavior or is it a condition.

I am happy to tell you that this is totally normal

My own puppies did this

The key is to prevent access to the urine- this will happen once puppy is house trained

That means being extra vigilant about having him pee outside only

Do you have info on house training? :)

Paul

DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian
DocPaul
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian