Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My 10 week old puppy may have eaten a small piece of broken…

My 10 week old...

My 10 week old puppy may have eaten a small piece of broken ceramic

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if the puppy will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?

Willow

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Willow?

She’s 12 pounds

3/4/2018
Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian

Hi this is Dr B. Thank you for your question! I am a DVM with 28 years experience. Please allow me a moment to review your question.

How large was the piece of ceramic?

Less than an inch. I think it was thin but I’m not sure. It was part of a ceramic mug that fell
I gave her a piece and a half of bread

That will not pass through the gastrointestinal system without causing major damage......You will have to go to the ER and have them remove this endoscopically.....

Trying to allow this to pass can kill your puppy....

Ok thank you

Can I answer any other questions for you tonight?

Best of luck to you and your puppy..........I would very much appreciate it if you would rate me 5 stars for my very prompt and attentive service. And do let me know if you need any additional help! You can rate me in the top right corner of the page. Thank you very much! DRB

Please remember my answers do not replace or supersede the advice of your veterinarian as my answers do not create a valid client patient relationship as I am unable to examine your pet. DrB

Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian