Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Well hopefully nothin. we just picked up the Yorkshire

Well hopefully nothin. we...

Well hopefully nothin. we just picked up the Yorkshire terrier from the seller, He is 6 weeks old. He is drinking water. No vomitting, however he has pooped twice very looose, it is very very light yellow almost white but blood tinged, First shots and worming yesterday, he acts fine, she said his poop was hard and normal at her house. This was an hour after we got him

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the Yorkshire Terrier eat anything unusual?

No

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. The Expert will know what to do. What is the Yorkshire Terrier's name?

Hes 6 weeks old she had him in her house w his littermates

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the Yorkshire Terrier?

No I just got him 3 hours ago and she said he was fine

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/3/2018
Dr. Jo
Dr. Jo, Dog Veterinarian

I'm Dr. Jo and I'm here to help you with your question about your yorkie pup. I'm so sorry you're going through this worrisome time (it's especially hard when a puppy is so new), but glad you're looking for the information you need.

What is his name?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Brady
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no call at this time
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
is that it?

Brady... a good name for your new puppy.

Don't worry about the phone call. That's an automatic, computer-generated response.

No, I'm typing in more now...

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
hello

I want to let you know that this type of loose stool following a stressful event (like the car ride home and being separated from his family) is NOT alarming. It's actually very common.

As long as there aren't any other signs of illness, I wouldn't worry about it.

Are you able to see what I am typing?

I've written in two responses after you said, "Is that it?"

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
There are no other signs thanks you
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
at first but then I saw it Thanksyou

Oh, good.

That's a relief.

Just give him lots of opportunity to rest and make this big adjustment.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok thank you

It's also really important to avoid the temptation to give him anything different to eat than what he's been used to. Keeping his food the same will help him better cope with all the other changes.

Dr. Jo
Dr. Jo, Dog Veterinarian

It sounds like Brady will be in good hands. You'll both get through these difficult first few days just fine.

If that's it for now, please take a moment to rate my response 5 STARS

Is there anything else I can help you with at this time? I want to be as helpful as possible because I know what it's like to worry.

Just checking in to ask how your little pup is doing today. Are things going better?

Thank you,

Dr. Jo

Dr. Jo
Dr. Jo
Dr. Jo, Dog Veterinarian