Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

We just took our dog out for a walk and a cat scratched her…

Hello We just took...

Hello We just took our dog out for a walk and a cat scratched her eyelib eyelid*

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the dog?

Its not bleeding but it nicked the skin what should I do?

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does the dog seem to hurt?

Eyelid

Veterinarian's Assistant: Can you see anything that looks wrong or different?

The skin is scratch but nothing else

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name and age?

Keira she's 17months

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Keira?

No she's very healthy I just want to understand how to clean the area around her eye from the cat scratch

3/3/2018
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

A superficial scratch can simply be cleansed with mild soap and water and then coated with an over the counter triple antibiotic ointment such as Polysporin or Neosporin twice daily until it heals. You need only be careful not to get soap or those ointments in Keira's eye. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.

Thank you! Will do.

You're quite welcome. I can't set a follow-up in this venue so please return to our conversation - even after rating - with an update at your convenience. You can bookmark this page for ease of return.

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?