Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

She died but she left her puppy, He is getting weak, no

She died but she...

She died but she left her puppy

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the puppy?

He is getting weak

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does the puppy seem to hurt?

No where

Veterinarian's Assistant: Can you see anything that looks wrong or different?

He is weak

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is the puppy eating normally?

No

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK, abnormal eating. What is the dog's name?

Mio

2/27/2018
Dr. Ann M.
Dr. Ann M., Dog Veterinarian

Hi there and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed, internship-trained veterinarian with 12 years experience in general medicine and emergency and critical care medicine and I would be happy to assist you. Please be patient as there may be slight delays in responses as I research your pet's issue and as I am typing out a response.

H​ow old is the puppy?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
1week 2 day

When was the last time the puppy ate?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
A quarter once 30 mins ago

Okay. From a bottle?

But the puppy is acting weak? Is there any sneezing or increased breathing sounds?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Do u know if I can take the puppy to a vet and leave him there until he is better?

Yes, you absolutely can. But it would need to be a 24-hour facility, because puppies need round the clock care. If you try to deal with the puppy at home, you can provide heat support with towels warmed in the dryer, and make sure the pup eats every 2 hours.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok

Weakness may be from lack of warmth or from illness, but it is too soon to tell, so just provide heat and food and seek veterinary attention if the pup gets really lethargic or stops eating. Good luck!

I hope that I have answered your question thoroughly. If you still have questions or are not yet satisfied with my answer, please reply. If you feel that I have provided anything less than excellent service (5 star rating), please reply to me first before rating my service and let me know how I can better assist you. Thank you for your question; it has been a pleasure being able to provide assistance. Bonuses are appreciated... it's always nice to get tipped for your services. Best of luck.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank u
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Could u call me

I tried but it is not going through.

Dr. Ann M.
Dr. Ann M., Dog Veterinarian
Dr. Ann M.
Dr. Ann M.
Dr. Ann M., Dog Veterinarian