Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

One of my two beagles may have ingested a Garcinia cambogia…

One of my two...

One of my two beagles may have ingested a Garcinia cambogia 2000mg tablet, 30 minutes ago. They weigh 18.8 and 22.8 pounds.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if the beagle will be able to digest that. What is the beagle's name and age?

Beanie 8.5 years, Polly 3 years

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the beagle's name?

Sorry, its a 1000mg, 60% hydroxycitric acid = 600 mg)

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the beagle?

No they're both in great health, up to date on vaccinations, no seizures noted, no heart disease.

2/26/2018
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

I am sorry to hear you are concerned about Beanie and Polly. I have not heard of this, so I did some research. One single 2000 mg pill for either dog should not be a problem. I read about a dog that ate a whole bottle, and was OK!

Please let me know if this was helpful and if you have any other questions.

I see it was only a 1000 mg pill, better still.

Kindly consider rating my answer to notify the website I am assisting you; you can always get back to me with questions and updates after rating.​

I did not hear from you; I hope you were able to see my responses.

How are Beanie and Polly doing? Please let me know if this was helpful and if you have any other questions.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
You response was most helpful and neither dog had any issues.

I am so glad to hear they are well. Thanks for the update.

Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian