Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog got into a mometamax container while we were out - he…

Hi - my dog...

Hi - my dog got into a mometamax container while we were out - he did not eat the container and probably got about 5g should we take him to the vet or just watch him?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the dog's name and age?

Ash - he is 4

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Ash?

He is a pug

2/25/2018
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

The ingredients in that ointment when ingested might cause transient gastrointestinal distress in the form of inappetence, vomiting and/or diarrhea but aren't considered significant toxins in dogs. There's no need to induce emesis or treat in any manner. Please respond with further questions or concerns.

Thank you very much.

You're quite welcome. I can't set a follow-up in this venue so please return to our conversation - even after rating - with an update at your convenience. You can bookmark this page for ease of return.

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?