Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My breeder told me that the English bulldog pups were 4 days…

My breeder told me that...
My breeder told me that the English bulldog pups were 4 days premature and now have a staph infection for which they are currently on antibiotics. They are now 10 days d. Should I wait and see or ask for my deposit back? What are the long term effects?
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/21/2018
Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian

Hi this is Dr B. Thank you for your question! I am a DVM with 28 years experience. Please allow me a moment to review your question.

Ok, thank you

There should be no long term effects from a Staph infection.......however.......

are you sure you want a bull dog?

There should be no concerns with 4 day prematurity?Why do you ask if I want a bulldog

If your heart is set on this breed make sure as soon as you adopt that you get trupanion pet insurance right off the bat.....because you are going to need it!

Why?

4 days premature is not that big of a deal.....but this breed has LOTS pf problems...you will be at the vet ALL the time...that is why you should get pet insurance right away....

Thank you

If you get pet insurance while your dog is young it will not cost very much...but if you wait it will cost alot.....

Can I answer any other questions for you tonight?

No thank you

Please kindly rate me 5 stars for my very prompt and attentive service. You can rate me at the top right corner of the page. Thank you very much! DRB

And do let me know if you need any additional help!

Please remember my answers do not replace or supersede the advice of your veterinarian as my answers do not create a valid client patient relationship as I am unable to examine your pet. Thank you very much! DrB

Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian
Dr B
Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian