Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog has a clouded eye. I just noticed a red spot just off…

Customer Question
My dog has a...

My dog has a clouded eye. I just noticed a red spot just off of center. It is very recent.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the dog's name and age?

Max and about 15 yrs

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Max?

His eyes need to be cleaned daily from discharge

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
2/18/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry to hear of this with Max. The red spot is likely to represent a corneal ulcer and the clouding represents swelling (inflammation) of the cornea due to that ulcer which is likely to be infected. Do you have an ophthalmic drop or ointment for Max that contains an antibiotic but not a glucocorticoid (steroid)?