Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

The whites of my dogs eyes are bulging. Samson, a 7 year ols…

Hello, the whites of...

Hello, the whites of my dogs eyes are bulging

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the dog's name and age?

Samson, a 7 year ols rottweiler

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Samson?

He did have an upser stomach yesterday and was vomitting yellow stomach juices...he is eating and acting fine today

2/15/2018
Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian

Hello, I'm Dr Gary. I've been practicing veterinary medicine since 2007. I look forward to helping with your questions/ concerns.

Sometimes vomiting and GI upset can lead to increased blood pressure and pressure in the eye. This may cause some of that bulging that you're seeing. We can also often times see a bloodshot look to the eyes.

If he's eating well and back to himself, I wouldn't worry about the eyes. I would give it 2-3 days to resolve. If there is any worsening or squinting, then I would get him seen by a vet. Otherwise, this is something that should resolve on it's own.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions.

Ok. Thank you. We will wait and see

You're welcome.

Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian