Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

His lymph nodes are swollen throughout is entire body. They…

Customer Question
His lymph nodes are...

His lymph nodes are swollen throughout is entire body. They just swelled up overnight. I took him to the vet and waiting on the blood tests but she was saying she's 99%sure it's cancer.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the dog's name and age?

Koda and he is 8. I am just hoping it's something else. He has had an ear infection for over a month

Veterinarian's Assistant: There are all sorts of infections Koda can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Koda?

No he gets chronic ear infections but other then that a really health happy active dog

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/6/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 6 months ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry to hear of this with Koda. Performing a needle aspirate of one of these lymph nodes and examining the apsirate microscopically is an expedient manner in which to detect lymphoma. Was that done, please? Which breed is Koda, please?

A general lymphadenopathy is seen with infectious diseases - particularly tick-borne but also bacterial, fungal, parasitic, and viral infections; reactive hyperplasia as seen when inflamed tissues drain by the lymph nodes; and neoplasia - both primary such as lymphoma and secondary such as carcinomas, melanomas, sarcomas, and mast cell tumors.