Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My pug puppy is having trouble breathing. She almost chokes,

My pug puppy is...

My pug puppy is having trouble breathing. She almost chokes, but nothing comes out.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Coughing can be worrying. The Expert will know what you should do. What is the pug's name?

Daisy. She is 3 months old.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Daisy?

She seems to be in distress.

Answered in 1 minute by:
1/23/2018
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.

1- How long has this been going on?

2- Is she lethargic?

3- Is she eating and drinking?

4- Can you take a look at her gums and see if they are pink or pale?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Above a week. She is mostly lethargic, she doesn’t want to play with her toys She is eating and drinking. Gums are pink.

Please give me 5-10 minutes to type your answer. Thank you.

Friend, the symptoms and history you are describing in Daisy are consistent with a respiratory infection. If this is caused by a bacterial infection she will need to be treated with antibiotics. Unfortunately, we are very limited as to what you can do at home, I am sorry. If she is in distress I would recommend having her checked tonight by ER veterinarian, do not wait. If cost is a concerned I would look into your local ASPCA or Shelter where they often offer veterinary services at a lower cost.

I realize that this answer may not be entire to your liking, and I regret being the bearer of information that you really don’t want to hear. But it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I to provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information. I hope you understand.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you have any follow-up questions don't hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to rate my service it is how I get compensated. See you again soon!

Dr. Peter

Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
DrRoyC
Phone call session started
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. Peter
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
My vet out here said that she is not going to get well. She has a virus that she can’t get over. He wants to put her down.

I am sorry to learn she is not doing well.

Dr. Peter

Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian