Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

An accidental double dosage of antibiotics. German shepherd…

An accidental double dosage...

An accidental double dosage of antibiotics

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What sort of animal are we talking about?

German shepherd 1 1/2 years old

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. What is the German shepherd's name?

Willow

1/21/2018
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about Willow. What was the antibiotic?

This likely will not cause a problem, but you might see vomiting and diarrhea.

Clavanox
just keep an eye on her? And lots of fluids?

Yes, keep an eye on her and getting her to stay well hydrated is a good idea. You may not see anything. If she has diarrhea, probiotics might be helpful.

thank you

You are welcome! Please let me know how she is doing.

Kindly consider rating my answer to notify the website I am assisting you; you can always get back to me with questions and updates after rating.​

Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian

Thanks for the great rating.

Thanks for the bonus!

Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian