Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My 12 yr. Old Brittany has large fatty tumors. Do herbs help…

My 12 yr. Old...

My 12 yr. Old Brittany has large fatty tumors. Do herbs help decrease the size fatty tumors in dogs?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Some lumps are serious and some aren't. Let's see what the Veterinarian has to say. What is the dog's name?

Wilhe

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Wilhe?

He has had subanqous (spelling), been treated for hot spots, this winter he likes to be outside on the deck when temps are below zero. Sorry, my typing is sow. I have Parkinson's. He has a fenced in yard that is 100'x50'.

1/21/2018
benedetta7
benedetta7, Veterinarian

Hello this is Dr. Benedetta, and I would like to help with your question.

As far as I know, there is no effective treatment to reduce the size of fatty tumors in dogs.

If they are large and get in the way, surgical removal is often the best way to go.

There may be some homeopathic remedies, like Thuja or Sulphur that may help overall, (like for the hotspots), and may stabilize the tumors so that they do not grow, but it would not make them go away.

sorry i can;t be more positive. If you are interested about potentially using homeopathy, let me know, and we can go more in detail on that.

Sincerely, ***** ***** DVM

benedetta7
benedetta7, Veterinarian
benedetta7
benedetta7
benedetta7, Veterinarian