Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

He was trembling a few days ago when husband arrived from…

He was trembling a...

He was trembling a few days ago when husband arrived from 3ork.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the dog?

Work. Took to vet she said his back felt stiff Gave us metacam. Now hind legs are dragging

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does the dog seem to hurt?

He's not in pain that we know of. Just having trouble balancing and walking slowly

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. No obvious pain. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?

He is fine from his feet

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name and age?

He wants to run an play

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?

Buster. Maltipoo. 3 years very active

1/21/2018
Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian

Hi this is Dr B. Thank you for your question! I am a DVM with 28 years experience. Please allow me a moment to review your question.

so is your dog dragging his back legs?

my husband was getting up from the chair in living room and he stepped on him lightly when he got up dog made a,noise. Next door he found him trembling so took him to vet and they prescribed metacam for muscle spasms

so he is dragging his back legs?

No thanks

ignore the phone prompts they are automatic....

so, please confirm your dog is definitely dragging his back legs?

Not sure if you received response

I got your response.....I am just trying to make sure I understood completely...that is very important to helping your dog....

so your dog is dragging his back legs?

ok....and your dog is a maltipoo?

did the dragging of the legs occur after your husband stepped on your dog?

No. He was fine running. Like always.
It's after he started with medication
He chases cars and runs all day long. Lots of energy and fun. We are sad

That medication will not cause leg dragging.......your dog's legs are dragging because he likely has a disc in his back that is putting pressure on his spinal cord......

what will need to happen.

When discs in the back move they put pressure on the spinal cord......and this has to be attended to immediately

How long has your dog been like this?

Two days

Your dog needs to go to the ER right now or he may never walk again.....

This is a medical emergency and should be always attended to right away...

Will they do survery
Surgery

I cannot answer that until your dog has an evaluation.....

OK calling right now thx

Can I help you any further?

Please rate me 5 star for my prompt and helpful service. A bonus is not required but much appreciated! Thank you very much! DRB

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

Please remember my answers do not replace or supersede the advice of your veterinarian as my answers do not create a valid client patient relationship as I am unable to examine your pet. Thank you very much! DrB

Let me know if you need additional help...DRB

Thank you so much.

sure thing.....I hope things will be ok....DRB

Absolutely. Thank you

and let me know if you need additional help because I check my computer every night....DrB

Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr B
Dr B
Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian