Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Crissy had a chemo treatment yesterday she has lyomph?shes…

Crissy had a chemo...

Crissy had a chemo treatment yesterday she has lyomph?shes been throwing up to day,drinking lot of water but throwing it back up cant afford emergeny .can i give her phenergan?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What sort of animal are we talking about?

Sorry dog shes a brintyspanniel 32lbs

Veterinarian's Assistant: Maybe I'm confused. I thought you had a problem with a pet. Is that correct?

Yes crissy is my dog

Veterinarian's Assistant: Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did your dog eat anything unusual?

No ,she had a chemo treatment yesterday,cant spell it lymoptoma

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. The Expert will know what to do. What is the dog's name and age?

Crissy 71/2 32lbs

Veterinarian's Assistant: How old is Crissy?

71/2 8 yrs

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Crissy?

No shes hyper nothing else

1/21/2018
Dr. Joey
Dr. Joey, Board Certified

Hello I am Dr. Joey. Thanks for asking your question and trusting me to help you and your pet today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 18 years of experience. I am sorry about the confusion of the auto response that you experienced when you submitted the question

I am so sorry she is vomiting after the chemotherapy. Generally in dogs we would prescribe ondansetron for this.

The short answer for you is phenergan is not recommended for use in dogs as an antinausea product. It causes marked sedation and lowers blood pressure. WE do sometimes (rarely) use it for sedation for car travel.

ok thanks

Please let me know if there's anything further I can help you with. AS well interested to hear how she's dong this morning.

If you feel we are all done, then please click a rating as you exit. Thanks. :)

Dr. Joey
Dr. Joey, Board Certified
Dr. Joey
Dr. Joey
Dr. Joey, Board Certified