Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

She has a pimple like red spot on outside corner of her eye.

She has a pimple...

She has a pimple like red spot on outside corner of her eye

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the dog's name and age?

Georgia age 6

She is a pitbull terror weighing 55 pounds
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Video Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
1/20/2018
Drhollowayvet

Hello my name is***** but you can call me Dr. H, and I am a licensed veterinarian. I understand that you have concerns about your pets bump around her eye. I would be happy to assist you further. Can you please send a photo through the chat so that I can see the area in question.I am also available for phone consultations if needed. I can send this request through now.

- Dr. H

Ok. Give me one monent to view the picture.

The picture looks like this could either be a bug bite or a small mass. I would monitor it for the next week or two to see if this goes down on its own. You can't apply any triple antibiotic to this because of the location and the likelihood that it will get rubbed into the eye. I would just monitor it. Is she pawing a the mass? Does it seem to bother her?

She is not pawing at it but she doesn't like to be touched there

Ok. Then it is likely just a bug bite. I would monitor it for now. If you can get a hold of some Neopoly/Bacitracin eye ointment from an online vendor, then that would also be a great addition. If it does not go away then I would definitely recommend getting this area tested by your vet soon to get this removed and submitted to the lab. The color does concern me if this does not away on its own.

- Dr. H

Is there anything else I cn asist you with tonight concerning your pet Georgia?

No just worried
No just worried thank you

I can understand. As much as it pains you. YOu will have to give it time to see what happens. Or if you are overly concerned you can viist your vet to get some pet friendly anti-inflammatory medicine prescribed to treat this. If the bump goes away with medication, then it was likely just an annoying bug bite.

- Dr. H

* Please don't forget to leave me a rating for the service I have provided for you and your pet tonight. This is how I am credited for helping you and your pet. Thank you so much for your feedback. Have a wonderful rest of your night. Take care*

- Dr. H

Drhollowayvet