Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I have a golden retriever 14 years old, I have noticed dark…

Hi My name is...

Hi My name is ***** ***** have a golden retriever 14 years old, I have noticed dark spots on his skin under the fur. can you tell me what this is

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Orby

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Orby?

No he seem to be active and he eat well and alert

1/20/2018
Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you today! Please give me a few moments to respond and I will be back momentarily!

I apologize no one has assisted you yet today. Are you able to provide a photo with the paperclip attachment on your screen?

I am not set up to make phone calls but would be happy to answer any questions you have online. The states/province I am licensed in do not allow me to communicate via phone calls, unless I have previously physically examined a pet. I could lose my license for doing so. If you would like I can opt out and see if there is another veterinarian that can take calls.

Light dogs as they age can develop freckles or "age marks." As long as they are flush with the skin and not getting larger they are not a concern but please take a photo with a ruler so you can monitor their size and if they remain irregular margins and growing then I would advise an exam but if they stay this way I would simply monitor

I have a light colored dog that has these as well and developed them after 5 years old and as long as they stay the same I don't recommend any treatment

Please let me know if you have any additional questions

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION at the top of your screen (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!

Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
DrRoyC
Phone call session started
Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian