Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

He had a dental cleaning and went under anesthesia. He did…

Customer Question
He had a dental...

He had a dental cleaning and went under anesthesia. He did fine and I was told that he would be groggy and that he may seem agitated but he hadn't stopped and I picked him up at 4

Veterinarian's Assistant: What sort of animal are we talking about?

Jack Russel corgi mix

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the jack?

Male, 16yo neutered

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does the jack seem to hurt?

He just seems agitated, is groggy, walking in circles and hasn't been able to really rest

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. No obvious pain. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?

Yes, he's ok from looking at him. He lets me pet him, he answers to his name

Veterinarian's Assistant: The Expert will know what to do. What is the jack's name?

Milo

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Milo?

Im debating on taking him to he ER, I called my vet and I was told that this was normal and that if he was still doing this in the am to take him in

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
1/17/2018
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 7 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that you have not received a response to your initial question before now. I just came online and found that your question had not been addressed. How is your companion at this time? Do you know what anesthesia was used on your companion? Is it mentioned on your receipt?