Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

This is jasmine. I just feed my chihuahua dog a nexgard But…

Hi. This is jasmine...

Hi. This is jasmine. I just feed my chihuahua dog a nexgard But since I have two chihuahuas, one of them was fine with the tablet, but the other one doesn't like it, so I think the one already had a tablet took the other one as well. Will it be any problem for the dog that took two tablets?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the dog's name and age?

They are all chihuahua breeds and one is 3 years old, and the another one is 4

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Charlie and toto

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Charlie?

Charlie is quite aggressive when facing to unknown people.

1/15/2018
Dr. G.
Dr. G., Dog Veterinarian

Hello, my name is***** am a licensed veterinarian and I will try and help you as best as I can.

Please allow a few minutes for me to read your responses and for me to respond back.

Thankyou.

I am sorry to hear this happened.

Fortunately, this drug is safe when dosed at 5 times the normal amount (that's what they need to get approved in the US).

Your dog should not have any major side effects, however some dogs can get a little upset stomach if they eat a few of these, so I would just monitor for any vomiting later today. If that happens, hold on food for about 8 hours and give a bland diet (like boiled chicken and white rice) for about 24 hours. You should give the next dose in 1 month as you normally would.

Thankyou soooo much for replying ,,, but I'm not sure if the one doesn't like took the tablet as well, should I give him another one?

If you are unsure who ate what, it would be ok to give another one, however I would wait until tomorrow to do that to avoid any possible problem with GI upset. I would feed them separate when you do it next time so you know for sure.

Dr. G.
Dr. G., Dog Veterinarian
i got it。thankyou so much。have a nice day

You are very welcome.

I wish you the best.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. G.