Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

I’m a little concerned. My dog is licking the concrete

Customer Question
I’m a little concerned...

I’m a little concerned. My dog is licking the concrete sidewalk. During the past 6 months, he appears to have lost muscle from his mid-body. I can easily feel his rib cage and his spine. He still has the same appetite however.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with your dog?

I just typed the issues

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does your dog seem to hurt?

He doesn’t appear to be in pain.

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. No obvious pain. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your dog?

He’s 13, a Scottish Terrier

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
1/15/2018
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 1 month ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

When did he last have bloodwork performed?

Is he on any medication?

Any history of illness or injury?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
May. No meds, no injury or illness

Were there any abnormalities on the bloodwork at the time?

When did the symptom begin?

Do you have a copy of the bloodwork to share?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It is 2am, I don’t want to continue this now.

You can continue at any time that it's convenient for you. Our chat is not limited by time.

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian