Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Have a 10 week old puppy, German shepherd. Was doing fine…

Customer Question
Have a 10 week old...
Have a 10 week old puppy, German shepherd. Was doing fine playfully, always thirsty. She's now been dry heaving nothing coming up, acting lethargic, breathing a little heavy. Don't think she got into anything, nothing around for her to get into.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
She's sleeping and kind of sa shivers bit stops and does again. Breathing seems heavy too. Onky had her gor a day so not sure of her normal sleep habits.
She keeps lifting her head high and closing her eyes too. We eere taking down our xmas tree today, maybe she ate a few pine needles?
1/13/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

How is she just now?

Has she vomited anything since you posted your question?

Can she keep water down?

Are her gums pink or white/pale? Moist or sticky?

If you press on her belly, any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?

Could she have eaten anything harmful (ie bones, toys, plants, chemicals, human meds, etc)?

Can you take a breathing rate for me (just count her breaths for 10 seconds + multiply by 6)?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian