Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My 35 pound puggle ate one Tropical Fruit Ultra Strength and…

My 35 pound puggle...

My 35 pound puggle ate one Tum Tropical Fruit Ultra Strength and I am worried he will die

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if the Puggle will be able to digest that. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the Puggle?

No that is all

1/10/2018
Dr. Gwen
Dr. Gwen, Dog Veterinarian
Hello, thank you for contacting us at Just Answer. I will do my best to help you and your puggle. Can I get a little more information? What is your dog’s weight? How is she acting now?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
He is 35 pounds and currently sleeping in bed.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
He is acting completely normal
Great! Sorry I called him a she earlier. Did he just eat one tablet?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No worries! Yes just one.
Ok. Can you look on the label of the bottle? I want to make sure there is ingredient to be concerned about but hopefully it is not on the list.
I typed too fast. There is one ingredient in some antacids that is a concern for dogs. I want you to check your label for this ingredient.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I googled it and saw one ingredient to look out for that starts with an “x”-can’t remembwr exactly what it was it was but it definitely wasn’t on the ingredients list
Excellent! The ingredient is xylitol and is found in many sugar free items. As long as this was not in the Tums your pup should be just fine!
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you so much! I'll finally be able to fall asleep!
Have a good night!
Dr. Gwen
Dr. Gwen, Dog Veterinarian

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Gwen
Dr. Gwen
Dr. Gwen
Dr. Gwen, Dog Veterinarian