Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog is 1 yrs old. Out of no where he was having trouble…

Customer Question
My dog is 1...

My dog is 1 yrs old. Out of no where he was having trouble standing. He doesn't feel hot and doesn't seem to be in pain

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the dog's name?

Jax

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Jax?

No not that I can think of. He has never had any other issues

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
1/10/2018
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 6 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that none of our other Experts have reached out to you before now. I just came online and found that your question had not been addressed. How is your companion at this time?

he is doing a lot better, now hes acting like his normal self. hes walking fine and everything. its just so weird to me, what could it have been? that way I know what to look for next time

Do you happen to have a video of what you witnessed so that I may also see it?

no I do not, I didn't think of doing that. :(

If this happens again, please video what you're seeing. The internet makes it especially difficult to help someone as we cannot see what you're seeing. If Jax is a small breed dog there's a potential that he may have had a bout of low blood sugar which may have made standing difficult. I would urge you to keep a product like honey or syrup on hand and give this orally if you witness the symptoms again. A few drops every 2-4 hours should work quite well. Additionally, make sure he's eating every 4-6 hours, as well, even if just small amounts of food.