Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

He has red blister like thing between his paw pads on both…

Customer Question
He has red blister...

He has red blister like thing between his paw pads on both back feet

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the dog?

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does the dog seem to hurt?

Back feet

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. What is the dog's name and age?

Kronky, 6 m

Veterinarian's Assistant: How old is Kronky?

6m

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
1/9/2018
Dog Veterinarian: DocPaul, Veterinarian replied 3 months ago
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi

DR. Paul Brazzell here

Let me look at photos and get back to you

Duration of blisters?
Paul

Just noticed it this morning - perhaps a couple of days tops.

Okay thanks

I am not worried about them

Likely possibilities are interdigital cysts, histocytoma (benign lump of young dogs) or as you mentioned friction/irrritation

You do not have to go to vet yet

I would recommend soaking the paws in epsom salts twice a day and drying them really well after each soak

Rest puppy for 48 hours then re-evaluate and send me follow-up pictures

Paul

Okay thanks for your advice... Appreciate it. Will follow up in a couple of days

Welcome

I think these lesions will look a lot better in two days

If not then we would have them checked to rule out histiocytoma etc etc

You can rate me now- I will leave the link open so you can update me and not incur more costs

I will stay with you till this is sorted

Paul

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

DocPaul
DocPaul
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian