Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

She ate about 8-10 melatonin that were 5 mg each - is she in…

Customer Question
She ate about 8-10...

She ate about 8-10 melatonin that were 5 mg each - is she in danger?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if the dog will be able to digest that. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?

No, healthy 2 year old mixed breed

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
1/9/2018
Dog Veterinarian: DocPaul, Veterinarian replied 6 months ago
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

How much does she weigh?
Paul

about 55 lbs

Thanks

We do not have to worry about anything here

Even at much higher doses we would not see any toxicity

I hope that helps!

Paul

i just paid the intitial price
she weighs about 55 lbs

Yes, I saw that she weighs 55 pounds

All is well- nothing to worry about

And you can rate me now- I will leave this link open in case you have any more questions :)

Paul

are you going to give me any information?
the site indicates that you can online chat if you give your credit card number and "$5.
are you saying that actually there is no help for the $5 as indicated?
and that if i want info i have to pay $28?
i.e. $33 dollars is required to get any information?
if so, then the web site shouldn't falsely claim that.

What additional information would you like?

The amount of Melatonin ingested does NOT pose a health risk to your dog

No treatment is required?

Paul

Would have cost you 65.00 and a long time on hold to access the Poison Control center

I have answered your questions and solved your problem

And at 11:00PM at night and within several minutes

You are welcome

Paul

ok thanks, ***** ***** recieved your reply - it took a while to come through so it looked to me like my only option was to pay morethank you, ***** ***** VERY relieved to get that info that she is not in danger... I was worried.
now i just saw that your earlier answers came to "texts" on my phone - so now i have seen all of your responses, sorry that i hadn't seen them before, thqnks again, a great relief