Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

He has a soft squishy lump that popped up in his rib cage…

Customer Question
He has a soft...

He has a soft squishy lump that popped up in his rib cage area

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Some lumps are serious and some aren't. Let's see what the Veterinarian has to say. What is the dog's name and age?

Orbein and 1 1/2

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Orbein?

It doesnt bother him i mash on it and all he doesnt do anything hes very active and playful

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
1/9/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Peter, Veterinarian replied 6 months ago
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.

1- Is the lump below or above the skin?

2- How big is the lump?

3- Does the lump move with the skin or is it attached firmly to the underlying tissue?