Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Dog ate babies pacifer after chewing it up, recovered many…

Customer Question
Dog ate babies pacifer...

Dog ate babies pacifer after chewing it up, recovered many pieces but he has thrown up few this moring, how can I get him to poop to expel any "leftovers" ... he constantly eats rocks, sticks ... he is eating drinking and playing as normal

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?

Barrett, siberian, 58 lbs, 2 years old ... infant pacifier which is smallest pacifer

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Barrett?

Other than he eats rocks and other things often when we walk hm ... we just want to make sure he can pass the chewed up pacifier, the pieces we found had been chewed up small and wht he threw up appears to be the rubber part of pacifier

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
1/8/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Gabby, Dog Veterinarian replied 1 month ago
Dr. Gabby
Dr. Gabby, Dog Veterinarian

Hello. My name is***** am happy to help you with your question. Give me just a moment to respond and type.

If he chewed it up into pieces there is a good chance he will digest and pass it.

You can add fiber to his diet to help bulk things up and move them through.

If he is 58 pounds, try 1 teaspoon of Benefiber on his food twice a day for 48 hours.

Benefiber comes in a green bottle and is next to the metamucil.

It does not have a flavor, and is a powder, so it is easily mixed with food.

If his stomach acid breaks down the rubber pieces, you may not see them in the stool so do not worry if that happens.

The signs of a gastrointestinal blockage are:

Lots of vomiting

Severe lethargy

Pain on abdominal palpation

Not eating

Does that help? Do you have any other questions I may assist you with?

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Gabby
Dr. Gabby
Dr. Gabby
Dr. Gabby, Dog Veterinarian