Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I have a female Pomeranian. She is 11 yrs old. She hasn't…

Customer Question
I have a female...

I have a female Pomeranian. She is 11 yrs old. She hasn't had a bowel movement in the last 24hrs and is dragging her butt along the floor and whining a lot. I looked at her butt and it looks like a swollen gland or something on her anus. Thank you.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the Pomeranian's name?

Kiki

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Kiki?

I feed her a mix of brown rice,ground turkey,carrots and green beans. Also racheal ray dry dog food.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/8/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian replied 3 months ago
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

I am sorry to hear you are concerned about Kiki. She may have an anal gland infection; one of the two anal glands may be swollen, infected, and painful. If she does, she may need to get pain medication and antibiotics from your veterinarian.

How much does she weigh? You could try a little baby aspirin, if she is eating, but I need her weight to give you a safe dose.

How is Kiki doing? I have not heard back from you. Please let me know if this information is helpful and what other questions you have.

Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian