Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My dog ate some semi sweet chocolate chips last night. she…

Customer Question
My dog ate some...

My dog ate some semi sweet chocolate chips last night. she is a mini golden doodle about 14 lbs. she vomited 2 times and i thought she was fine, but it is night time and she normally sleeps fine, but tonight has been barking and wanting to go outside often and urinating. she seems very out of sorts. do i wait until my vet is open at 8 am or do i try to find someone immediately.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your dog?

No she is a very healthy dog, but still a puppy she is 7 months old

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/8/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian replied 1 month ago
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

I just came online and saw your question; how is she doing now? Can you estimate how much semi sweet chocolate she got? Hyperactivity, tremors, high heart rate can be symptoms of chocolate toxicity if she got too much.

Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian