Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My 10 month old golden retriever took a 5mg coumadin(blood…

My 10 month old...

My 10 month old golden retriever took a 5mg coumadin(blood thinner) that my wife dropped. She’s about 50lbs. Any problem with that

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the Golden Retriever?

Nothing right now. She just got it @ 10 minutes ago

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does the Golden Retriever seem to hurt?

She doesn’t seem to hurt anywhere. We’re just worried the pill might affect her. My wife takes blood thinners and dropped the pill and she got it before my wife did.

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. No obvious pain. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the Golden Retriever?

No she’s very healthy

1/8/2018
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Friend, one single dose of Coumadin 5mg will not be toxic or cause any problems in a 50 lbs dog; no symptoms expected your dog will be fine.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you have any follow-up questions don't hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to rate my service it is how I get compensated. See you again soon!

Dr. Peter

Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Hi Douglas,

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Peter