Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My German Shepherd didn’t eat her dinner last night or

My German Shepherd didn’t...

My German Shepherd didn’t eat her dinner last night or breakfast this morning. She did eat a hard boiled egg this morning and is not throwing up. She has been missing meals here or there but never 2 in a row.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did your dog eat anything unusual?

Not that we are aware of. She doesn’t go outside with out us and we don’t leave anything laying around for her to eat

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name and age?

Daisy age 4

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Daisy?

About 2 months ago she had a yeast infection in her ears. We did an antibiotic eat wash and 21 days of metronidazole. It seemed to clear but now she is flicking her ears again and occasionally scratching and whining.

1/8/2018
Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian

Hi this is Dr B. Thank you for your question! I am a DVM with 28 years experience. Please allow me a moment to review your question.

Your dog needs to visit your vet and have an exam and bloodwork...but a note to the wise.....most dogs that are picky eaters and that also have ear problems have food allergy...and this is not uncommon at all......take your dog back to your vet and have the her checked out well...and have your vet check her ears....if she has another ear infection then insist that your dog be put on a food elimination trial...I would use Science diet DD food venison and potato......more coming...

while on food trial need to not eat any other foods or treats at all of any kind and should do this for at least 16 weeks while at same time treat any ear infections there are....and make sure not taking any flavored heratworm preventative...Iverhart max is acceptable and frontline for flea control....both of those ok with food trial...and your dog will eat that food much better....

do let me know if you have any questions at all....DRB

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

Please remember my answers do not replace or supersede the advice of your veterinarian as my answers do not create a valid client patient relationship as I am unable to examine your pet. Thank you very much! DrB

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok thank you very much.

sure thing!

would you mind please rating me 5 stars? I would greatly appreciate it! DRB

Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian
Dr B
Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian