Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Quite suddenly my Chihuahua had trouble walking on his hind…

Quite suddenly my Chihuahua...

Quite suddenly my Chihuahua had trouble walking on his hind legs. Sometimes he falls over.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?

No wound and her nails aren't curled into her foot.

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the Chihuahua's name and age?

ChiChi. 6 or 7 years

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the Chihuahua's name?

ChiChi

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about ChiChi?

Two and a half years ago she lost her best friend - my husband. Now she has me. We got her when she was a year old and was raised by a male. Hence, her devotion to my husband. The last 2 days she moves away from me when I get close to her. She lost a companion about 2 months ago.

Answered in 1 minute by:
1/8/2018
Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian

Hi this is Dr B. Thank you for your question! I am a DVM with 28 years experience. Please allow me a moment to review your question.

Is this mostly a problem with her back legs?

Sometimes her right front leg seems a little weak

ok, so is the problem appearing to be confined to the legs?

Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian
Phone call session started

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr B