Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My dog ate a couple of m&ms that fell on the ground while I…

Customer Question
My dog ate a...

My dog ate a couple of m&ms that fell on the ground while I was cooking! they were milk chocolate and he weighs 25 pounds! Is this harmful for him or do I need to call my vet?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?

Samford, 11 months

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Samford?

No, thats it!

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
1/7/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Peter, Veterinarian replied 1 month ago
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Friend, chocolate is toxic to dogs. But, toxicity depends on the amount consumed, the weight of the dog, and type of chocolate. In this case, a couple of m&m's are not going to be toxic to a 25 lbs dog. Samford will be fine, no need to worry.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you have any follow-up questions don't hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to rate my service it is how I get compensated. See you again soon!

Dr. Peter

Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian