Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

This is about a dog, that lives in Ct. My sister in law has…

Customer Question
This is about a...

This is about a dog, that lives in Ct. My sister in law has a dog and he has some sores in his mouth. She is on a fixed income, and would take him to a vet, if they would take payments, His name is ***** ***** he is a good dog and she is really upset. I am in Phoenix. what can she do

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How old is Smokey?

I will find out, between 7 and 8.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Smokey?

He is doing ok with everything but having trouble eating, she just needs to know what she can do at home or a vet in Ct that will help her.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
1/7/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Kara, Veterinarian replied 1 month ago
Dr. Kara
Dr. Kara, Veterinarian

Hello, I'm Dr. Kara. I have over 20 years of experience as a veterinarian and I'd like to help. Please give me a moment to review your concerns.

I am sorry to hear that Smokey has sores in his mouth which are interfering with his ability to eat comfortably.

Smokey really needs a hands on physical examination to determine why the sores are forming. They may be related to severe infection and tartar build up in his mouth, or they may be related to autoimmune disease (body attacking itself), and the treatment for each of those things are very different.

If her regular veterinarian is beyond her means financially now her other option is to contact her local shelter or humane society and see if they run a low cost clinic or know of one in her area.

If not here is a web-page that lists some that may be able to help:

http://www.humanesociety.org/animals/resources/tips/trouble_affording_pet.html?credit=web_id91754962#Assistance_by_state

Other sources of help can be found here: http://speakingforspot.com/?p=Financial%20Assistance%20for%20Veterinary%20Care

In the meantime make sure he has soft food to eat, and if he will let her use an antibacterial rinse such as CET oral rinse (see this link for examples: http://www.amazon.com/C-E-T-0-12-Chlorhexidine-Mouth-Rinse/dp/B00029XOUC ) and brushing his teeth could be very helpful to keep down the bacteria population in his mouth.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Hello, I wanted to make sure that you didn't have any further questions for me, and I'd like to know how things turned out for your sister's pup. If you could give me an update that would be great, thank you, ***** *****

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I sent her the money she needed because smokey needed help now. thank you

You are very welcome, and your sister and Smokey are very fortunate to have your help.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don't want the service thank you

This response doesn't look like a veterinary question.

Did you need to speak to customer service? If we are finished and you were happy with my response please rate it, and then let me know if you have account questions as then I can forward this to customer service and ask that they contact you.

Or you can call them:1(###) ###-####/p>

Dr. Kara
Dr. Kara
Dr. Kara, Veterinarian