Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My boxer had a large hard lump appear on the back of his…

Customer Question
Hi Pearl, my boxer...

Hi Pearl, my boxer had a large hard lump appear on the back of his neck, like overnight. Gave him Benadryl per vet. It's been two days, and seems to have softer lump under neck area. Called emergency vet, and they deemed it probably wasn't an emergency, and to see regular vet tomorrow.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Some lumps are serious and some aren't. Let's see what the Veterinarian has to say. What is the dog's name?

Nemo

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Nemo?

He's about six years old. Normal urinary and fecal expulsion

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
1/7/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian replied 3 months ago
Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian

Hello, I'm Dr. Bruce. I have over 17 years of experience as a veterinarian and I'd like to help. Please give me a moment to review your concerns.

Thank you for your question about this situation with Nemo. Is that hard lump on the back of the neck painful to him? Is the softer lump under the neck painful? Do you see any wounds / sores on the skin in either area?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian