Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Have a litter of 1 week old Dobermans, they are with mom,

Customer Question
Have a litter of...

Have a litter of 1 week old Dobermans, they are with mom, one is vomiting, not sure if just one or wich one. What can it be? Mom is getting milk replacer on food once per day, food is a mix of puppy science diet and wild blue chicken and rice with a 1/4 cup of canned

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?

No

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. The Expert will know what to do. What is the dog's name?

Baby Girl

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?

2 yrs old vetted regula just sae the vet on Fri

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
1/7/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian replied 3 months ago
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I AM NOT SET UP TO MAKE PHONE CALLS, BUT I WOULD BE HAPPY TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS YOU HAVE ONLINE. THE WEBSITE SENDS THE REQUESTS; NOT MYSELF. In order to give an informative and concise answer, it may take a few minutes before I respond back to you, so don't be alarmed if you don't hear back immediately. If you have not responded back in 10 minutes, it may be a longer before I can get back to you. I do have a couple more questions, though, to see if I can better assess your situation.

How often have you seen the vomit?

What did it look like?

Are any of the puppies acting abnormal?

Are the puppies just nursing from mom, or are they on a milk replacer as well?

Actually it turns out it is diarrhea. Yellow with white particals. I gave ten 2 drops of infant gas x and I am monitoring them all but 2 have resolved contemplating and enema for the other two.
sorry should say two drops
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Meghan Denney, Dog Veterinarian replied 3 months ago
Dr. Meghan Denney
Dr. Meghan Denney, Dog Veterinarian

Hi, I am Dr. Denney. I am currently reviewing your post now. Please give me a few minutes to type my response. Thank you for trusting us with your question. This service is used for general information only and is no substitute for a veterinarian-patient relationship by examination.

I am following up behind Dr. John.

Have the puppies been tested for parvovirus?

How are the puppies doing today?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian