Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Can a dog take both wormwood and turmeric/curcumin. Cancer.

Customer Question
Can a dog take...

Can a dog take both wormwood and turmeric/curcumin

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the dog?

Cancer

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name and age?

Brownie 12

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Brownie

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
1/7/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian replied 6 months ago
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I AM NOT SET UP TO MAKE PHONE CALLS, BUT I WOULD BE HAPPY TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS YOU HAVE ONLINE. THE WEBSITE SENDS THE REQUESTS; NOT MYSELF. Tumeric/curcumin is usually safe for dog but it is not without potential side effects, such as nausea, vomiting, gall bladder issues, bruising and iron deficiency. It most likely wouldn't cause a problem and can be withdrawn if it does. I would probably stay away from wormwood. It can be more irritating to the liver and kidneys. It has similar ingredients as black walnut, which is not considered safe for dogs. Anytime you are using any of these holistic medications together, I would find a veterinarian in your area who deals with holistic medicine. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Hope this helps.

My goal is to make sure that you get all your question answered and all the information you need. IF YOU ARE SATISFIED WITH MY ANSWER, PLEASE RATE IT. Rating it is the only way I get compensated for helping you, and we can still continue our conversation after rating at no additional charge. If you feel like it is not helpful to you, or if there is more information you need, please respond back to me before rating. Asking more specific questions usually helps a lot. Realize that our conversation is not intended to diagnose or treat a condition. There has to be a valid veterinary-client-patient relationship established with an exam, according to law. You should always follow up with your vet.

Hello. I was just following up to see how Brownie is doing and to see if you have any other questions.