Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My fat terrier, Louie, has developed a bumpy rash on his…

Customer Question
My fat terrier, Louie, has...
My fat terrier, Louie, has developed a bumpy rash on his belly. I have tried Gold Bond powder and given him benedryl. We have had extreme cold here in the last week when it developed. Is it dry skin ?
Sorry, he is a Rat Terrier
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
1/7/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 1 month ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

How long has he been showing these signs?

Are the bumps flesh colored or pimple like? Any other changes to the skin (ie redness, crusts/scaling, ulcers, or sores)?

Any diet change in the 2 months before this started?

What flea treatment do you use and when did you last apply it?

Can you take a photo of this for me to assess? To post a photo, you can use the paper clip button on the tool bar above the text box. Or if you cannot see that on your phone/computer, then you can post them on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr etc) and paste the web link here for me to have a peek.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Please call me @(###) ###-#### Thanks

Hi again,

My apologies, but I cannot offer the live phone call option at this time. Therefore, please let me know if you want to discuss your wee one further via the Q+A feature as we have or if you wish for me to opt out to see if a fellow colleague can offer this service to you.

Dr. B.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sorry, for the delay. I can speak with another vet thanks.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Please cancel the call from the new Vet.I think I fixed the problem. I rubbed lotion on my dogs belly and he hasn't scratched all morning. We have had cold dry weather here.Thanks anyway.
Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian