Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

How much does it typically cost to have a mole removed off a…

Customer Question
How much does it...

How much does it typically cost to have a mole removed off a dog?

Veterinarian's Assistant: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Veterinarian's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require).

Does the dog have to go under anesthesia? Is that an IV or just a shot if so?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the mole?

The dog is continuing to lick it and it is getting irritated and we are afraid it’s going to get infected. I don’t trust my bed when they say they have to put him under and it will cost us $800 it seems excessive for a mole removal

Veterinarian's Assistant: There are all sorts of infections the mole can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the mole's name and age?

He’s name is ***** ***** he is eight years old

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Gas?

Gus

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
1/7/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Peter, Veterinarian replied 1 month ago
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Hello, again, I will do my best to help you today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Where is the lump located?

2- Can you post a picture of te lump in this chat?

Thank you for the pictures. Please give me 5-10 minutes to view the pictures and type your answer. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you

How long has she had the mole?

Friend, in response to your question, when we remove a lump from a dog there are many other elements that form part of the removal that add cost to the procedure. For example, anesthesia, pre-anesthetic blood work, evaluation of the tissue (histopathology) by an independent lab, etc. Then, we add the surgical time. So, if your vet's estimate includes all of these then 800 dollars is a reasonable estimate. However, if they are charging you 800 dollars for the procedure only then this is a little too expensive. If cost is a concerned I would look into your local ASPCA or Shelter where they often offer veterinary services at a lower cost.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you have any follow-up questions don't hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to rate my service it is how I get compensated. See you again soon!

Dr. Peter

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian