Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I have an 11 year old Vizslanamed. She was diagnosed with…

Customer Question
Hi, I have an...

Hi, I have an 11 year old Vizslanamed Bailey. She was diagnosed with pancreatitis and hypothyroidism just before Christmas. She’s been on medication for a few weeks as well as the Royal Cain prescription diet. She seemed to be adjusting to the new food well, but now she’s having excessive diarrhea. She’s also having excessive urination but hasn’t drank water in more than 2 days. We originally had her checked out because of noticeable weight loss, which seems to be worse. She has an appt tomorrow morning for repeat bloodwork. She just doesn’t seem to be herself.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Problems with drinking can be serious. I'm glad you noticed it. The Expert will know what to do. What is the dog's name?

Bailey

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Bailey?

She is supposed to be grain free for chronic yeast infections in her ears. The prescription diet is not grain free and her ears are looking bad again now too.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
1/7/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 3 months ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:

What does the diarrhea look like?

Is her urine dilute/watery or normal in consistency?

What medications is she on specifically?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian