Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

8yr old tsu. Vomiting since 3 am Sat night. Ate nothing this…

Customer Question
8yr old shits tsu...

8yr old shits tsu. Vomiting since 3 am Sat night. Ate nothing this morning n half a meal this evening. Still vomiting. Had a bone from butcher shop that she chewed on for bout an hour last night. She is drinking more water than normal. I don’t know what to do for her. What kind of danger is she in?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if the dog will be able to digest that. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?

I don’t think so.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
1/7/2018
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 1 month ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please let me know if you still need help. May I have an update on your dog, please?

To answer you directly, persistent vomiting will dehydrate and electrolyte imbalance my patient. Bones can obstruct and perforate the intestinal tract causing peritonitis and sepsis (widespread infection).

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I agree with your reply. I just checked on her. She still is not doing well. Vomiting appears to have stopped, none in last 12 hours, but she is still shaking n nose is still warm. I think I need to find an emergency vet that will see her today, Sunday? Can u help me find one today in the Medford, Oregon area?

I believe that the Southern Oregon Veterinary Specialty Center on***** in Medford is closest to you. (###) ###-####/p>

I regret that my state board of veterinary examiners doesn't allow me to speak to customers by phone in this venue but other experts in this category may be able to assist you in this regard. Please let me know if you'd like another expert to do so and I'll opt out of this conversation. Please stay in the conversation if you wish.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Not needed to speak on phone. Thank you for you help, I will contact them by phone. I am leaving the conversation now. Thank you again.
Mrs Alice Wilkinson

You're welcome, Mrs. Wilkinson. I can't set a follow-up in this venue so please return to our conversation - even after rating - with an update at your convenience. You can bookmark this page for ease of return.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you for not charging for the phone call. I’m calling vet now.

Another vet can still call you so please let customer service know that you don't want a call - ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us, or 1-***-***-**** for help in that regard.

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian